Monday, May 20, 2013

Ham and Cheese "Cornbread"

Ham and Cheese Cornbread!!!
This recipe is an altered version of this Green Onion Cornbread.

I basically added about a half a cup of shredded colby jack cheese and also a half a cup of diced ham steak to the recipe to get this. I did sprinkle a little bit more cheese and some sesame seeds on top for prettiness. Also, please excuse my dirty stove! I was in full out cooking mode. I also cooked it for about 3-5 minutes more than the original recipe called for to make sure the cheese on top was browned to my liking.


I decided to make this for my husband to take to work for breakfast this week after he ate up all the leftover Green Onion Cornbread I made to go with the Jalapeno Popper Soup I made last Monday, which by the way, was delicious!

Here's a picture of our bowls of delicious jalapeno soup:
That soup was even better reheated a day or two later. That might have been because I just got to nuke it and did none of the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment